Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

Using Kaizen to set goals





All year we have been setting goals for ourselves at the beginning of each session. We have also been reflecting on these goals. Recently, we have been thinking about Kaizen and how this can help us to improve our goal setting. We have been talking about making small improvements to meet a big goal. 

Kaizen is a Japanese word. Kai, meaning change and Zen meaning good. The type of change is small and incremental. Small changes in the right direction add up and eventually we are able to meet our big goal. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the video and the way you explore using Kaizen in every aspect of your day. Such a brilliant way to share how you are doing this. Thanks Worser Bay students! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Missouri,

    I really loved the video you made to share your learning! My school uses a continuous improvement model and my students are learning to set measurable, attainable goals. I teach 4th and 5th grade gifted students and this week we have been discussing perfectionism. My students shared that they often want to achieve a perfect score or master a skill quickly. Our motto this year is "All grit;no quit!" I love the idea of incorporating Kaizen into my goal setting instruction. Small improvements lead to success and are an essential part of learning, growing and improving. I plan to share your video and blog post with my students this week.

    May I have permission to mention your learning and add a link to your post from our class blog?

    We will be discussing how Kaizen can help us achieve our goals and prepare us to be lifelong learners. When you have a moment, drop by our blog. juliekochsclass.weebly.com --Our blogs are under the "students" tab. We are always looking for ways to connect with other learners and share our successes.

    Warm regards from Kansas City, Missouri,

    Mrs. Koch
    kochj@parkhill.k12.mo.us

    ReplyDelete