Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Messages to Tangaroa

Image result for TANGAROA

We have been writing about what Tangaroa, the God of the Sea, would say, or what we'd like to say to Tangaroa, given the state of our oceans.

Here are some of our responses:

Tangaroa would say:

These pesky Humans,
Ruining my ocean with this so called plastic,
Crafts that float over my sea,
They eat my citizens,
They eat everything,
Someone needs to teach these humans how to be,
My soldiers my Merpeople are ready to strike,
If they come down, they’ll get a bite!
All the problems are caused by humans,

                           
 NO ONE WILL DEFEAT THE MIGHTY TANGAROA!    By Rico


Dear humans.
I am sorry to say that the sea bed has risen about 2 meters.
A lot of shellfish are dying and other fish numbers are slowly going down.
I will do my best to get all shellfish and other fish back into the sea again.
But not only has the risen seabed killed fish and stuff, but pollution and plastic in the ocean causing more fish to die.
Once again I will try my best to keep plastic and rubbish out of the sea so we can have healthy sea life again.
If you want to help keep the ocean healthy to (you can!) All you have to do is buy as less plastic as possible.
Just reduce,reuse and recycle.
Stop getting plastic bags and other things you do not really need that involves plastic.
This is how to help save the earth.
From Tangaroa.

By Stephanie


Dear people,
I get that some of you protect our oceans, so I'll start on a positive note, thank you for reducing plastic and helping the sea! Unfortunately, that’s all the optimistic stuff.

I just can’t believe some of you! Your litter is destroying everything in our sea! I hope next time you’ll think twice before littering.

That’s not the only problem, overfishing is even worse! Innocent sea creatures being killed to suit people’s greed, you are disgraceful! Please use the feedback in this letter.

Signed,

       Tangaroa (by Liv)


Dear Humans,
Don’t you dare throw another piece of your stinky, rotten plastic into my home! How am I supposed to protect the sea life! It tricks my children into thinking it’s a bit of jellyfish or something, not to mention all the poor seabirds.

And also, you keep fishing and fishing and fishing day and night. I mean, how are my children supposed to breed and remain balanced. Only keep what you need or even better, invent something to prevent bycatch. You’d better act fast or I will demolish you all with my tsunamis and high waves!!!


Tangaroa (By Jan)


Tena koutou Aotearoa.
You have been disrespecting the tahuaroa now you stop or I start.
Your boats will turn into shipwrecks and every one will be scared of my power.
As my whanaungatanga will spread and scatter, hunt, searching you down and if you still let out that horrible stuff into my ocean I will start a nguna.
 I know you think i'm the problem but look at what you are doing to me. 

All that bycatch is killing more more more and more fish but there is a way to not kill my tamariki whāngai by using rope and hook it hurts them but doesn't kill all of them.

By Sam Sh

No comments:

Post a Comment