Pages

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Learning to read weather maps

Today we learned about how to read weather maps. We learned about what the different symbols on a map mean and how we could understand the weather from knowing them.

We watched this clip to understand about reading weather maps:



Next, we tried to make sense of a weather map of New Zealand and Australia. We talked it through in small groups and then some of us tried being weather presenters.

"I really liked learning the different colours for the symbols and trying to work out what it meant" - Janne.
"I liked that now I've learnt lots of stuff on the weather forecast because my family watches the weather forecast and now I actually know what they're saying" - Liam.
I liked it when people came out and tried to be the weather presenter - Hayley.






No comments:

Post a Comment