Pages

Sunday 3 December 2017

Year 4/ Autahi Buddies


We have been trialling a year 4/new entrant buddy system.  This is the idea of Tuakana/Teina.  Some of us are lucky to have our siblings at school, but some of us don't.  With our buddies it's like we do have a little brother or sister. We have had year buddy time on a Wednesday afternoon.  We have been working through some collaborative art, buddy reading and fitness plans.
  

















Here's what some of the kids in Autahi have to say about having big buddies:

"I like reading in the library with my senior buddy and she is my sister!"--Alfred

"It's cool having a big buddy.  I like building the puzzle with my big buddy. It's nice to see my buddy not at Rising 5s time, but at the playground." --Vera

"I like reading books with my big buddies.  My buddy made me a rainbow picture and I made one too."--Olive


No comments:

Post a Comment